GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 29 04:39:19 CEST 2008

I wrote:
> Florian Zeitz wrote:
> > FWIW I have tried something similar. I put a small (100 Ohm IIRC)
> > resistor between MIC and GND, that doesn't help at all though. It just
> > makes things worth.
>
> :-(
>
> > If you think it's more likely to work I can try a
> > short everything or a completely different approach (still have two
> > 2.5mm jacks lying around) if you want.
>
> I guess it can't hurt to try our luck, even though it seems unlikely
> this will help. I'd go for the "short everything" variant. The
> amplifier is protected by 33 Ohm resistors R4405 and R4407, so this
> should be safe.

Did you try it ? Joerg has suggested that this experiment may actually
be quite promising. So what's a wasted EUR 1 component compared to the
possibility of eternal fame ? ;-)

Oh ... Andy, did you try a shorted headset plug ? Given that you're
one of the lucky few in Openmoko who can actually reproduce the
buzz ...

- Werner