Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Dieter Spaar spaar at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 1 18:38:33 CEST 2009

Hello Timo,

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> To be able to use USB I need to use the supplied 8 MHz oscillator of
> the AVR board. According to atmel tables this does means that if I
> configure USART for 115200 the baud rate error is -3,5 % (too
> slow). This probably explains why I only got garbage data.
>
> I started to capture the data by simply polling the input pin in a
> tight loop (bit banging) and managed to decode
>
> \x02\x12ADC:169470\n\r\x02\x02\x12gauging16947\n\r\x02\x02\x11\x00\n\x00\x10\x10\x05IQEXT:ADCEnd\x02
>
> Any idea what those \x02's, \x11's and \x00's are for? Just decoding errors?

There are some binary data between the ASCII strings. So I think what
you  receive is OK, I also get similar data here.

If you want to know what those binary data are for: Sorry, I don't know.
Usually the data are decoded by an internal TI tool called PCO2. There
is no documentation for the data format and not even all the low-level
trace data are explained. I guess its some sort of header information like
who sent the data. For getting more details about bug #1024 this
binary information is not needed so I did not spend any time to analyze
it yet.

Best regards,
 Dieter