Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Dieter Spaar spaar at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 6 08:21:38 CEST 2009

Hello Werner,

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> That's the question :-) Dieter seems to be able to make it recamp
> once in his test setup, but doesn't get the "bouncy" recamping
> observed in the wild. (Well, nobody would notice a single recamp,
> so we may well get hundreds of these for each #1024.)

By heating (actually its warming, its not that hot) the GSM modem I can
simulate re-camping. About one second warming is enough to force it.
Than I just have to repeat the warming to get the next re-camping, it
is easy to reproduce.

I just want to find more facts either for or against a 32kHz oscillator
problem, thats why I try it. At least if a warmed (detuned? ) oscillator
causes the same problem as bug #1024, its some tendency.

I will do more tests today and also try out what Joerg suggested.

Best regards,
  Dieter