Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Dieter Spaar spaar at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 6 09:19:05 CEST 2009

Hello,

Dieter Spaar wrote:
> I will do more tests today and also try out what Joerg suggested.

First results: To make sure that the heat is applied to the oscillator
only, I now do resistor based heating of the 32kHz oscillator. The
same results as with the hot air gun, I can force problems similar
to bug #1024.

Additionally I applied the AT%SLEEP=2 workaround and as
expected, the heating of the 32kHz oscillator does no longer
care (the TOA of the received PCH frames is stable). As
already mentioned in previous posts, the AT%SLEEP=2
workaround disables "Deep Sleep" and only in "Deep Sleep"
mode the main oscillator is turned off and the 32kHz
oscillator is used.

Best regards,
  Dieter