my buzz fix method

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun Apr 5 21:54:56 CEST 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 03:34:00AM +0100, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> Regarding your low volume: did you check R4303? (It's the one below the two NC
> pads and right side to C4303, the one you borked and replaced. It's clearly
> mentioned in my SOP paper) R4303 is not mentioned in your story if I didn't
> miss anything. Usually it's 0R and it's amazing you get *any* signal at all
> from mic if you haven't replaced it by a ~2k2k (probably anything between
> 400Ohms and 3k will do, though I learnt by your report even a 0R will do at
> least partially :D  ).

   Joerg, could you clarify the significance of R4303 a bit? For example,
how would I tell if it has 2.2 kOhms or 0 Ohms without measuring it (on a
device without the buzz fix as well as with the buzz fix)?

   The 100 uF capacitor is just the C4306 which isn't installed by default,
right?

   MICBIAS is also supplied to the headset mic (location 44xx). Would it do
any good to add a 100 uF capacitor somewhere in that area too?

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen