connect a sensor

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 11:25:18 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009, Anas Alzouhbi wrote:
> Hello!
> could you help me, what to do after connecting electrically the
> sensor, how to setup it, or how can I make the gyroscope write data in
> a file like accelerometers.
> I big your help

You need to write a driver for your gyroscope device. It will probably be
quite similar to the accelerometer driver, so have a look at that in the
current kernel source. For general documentation on writing drivers have a
look at:
http://kernelnewbies.org/Drivers

It's probably worth asking on the kernel list too (if you haven't already).