GTA03 and E-Ink Interface

Andy Green andy at
Fri Feb 20 06:55:15 CET 2009

| | aware. Further, in this approach we at least double the framebuffer
| | memory consumption (likely more than double depending on what happens
| | with timing). So 800x600x3bytesx2 = 4MB just for framebuffer.

BTW are you talking about E-ink virtual framebuffer?  You won't need
this kind of bit depth for that?  1 byte is just 480KBytes for 800 x 600.

The LCD framebuffer on GTAxx is 640x480 anyway, in 666 mode / 24-bit
it's < 1Mbyte.  If your command is longer, you can issue a blank raster
while you compose the next frame, the controller shouldn't care because
we control the write signal for the bus.

You only need page flip (is that why you doubled this number?) in Glamo
case, because you don't have usable VSYNC interrupt, so using this lets
you be sure you issue just one frame easier.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -