GPS; internet independent?

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jan 7 12:01:57 CET 2009

On Jan 07, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:

> But if you want to have it displaying maps, you must download maps while
> connected. You dont get maps for the whole of Europe by default on the
> FR, but I've read it's possible to download maps in advance.

not true.  you can use navit which uses vector maps from OpenStreetMap (OSM).
for navit you can download full europe map with ~500+ Mbytes, fully scalable...

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\