Status of bug #1024 (periodic signal lost and re-registration)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Jan 7 23:17:40 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 07.01.2009, 16:45 +0100 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> > If recamping was recently
> > happening, AT%SLEEP=2 only says OK, no "EXT: I".

You're misinterpretating this. If you previously issued %SLEEP=4, then
-- depending on whether the modem is in deep-sleep or not -- your %
SLEEP=2 is treated as a 'wakeup', to which the modem answers with a
simple 'OK'.

> "EXT: I" is just an indication that some extended AT commands are
> executed. There is currently no way to find out if "Deep Sleep" is on.
> The only thing which gives some sort of indication is that the first
> typed character in the terminal got lost because it is needed to
> wakeup the chip.

Actually the whole transmission, not just the first character.
mickeyterm by default is in line-mode,not character mode. (That's what I
need for this nifty readline support :))

:M: