Weird hardware mod ???

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sat Jan 24 22:36:27 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 05:39:09AM +0000, Andy Green wrote:

> You'd need to meddle with the mylar flex PCB that holds the BT device
> where it terminates to the PCB, that won't be simple.

   This is the part that worries me the most. The signals I'm after are
available at the H-BTFPO01 test points, but that's on the front side, which
IIRC is glued to the display, right?

> You'd need to find some space for the hub as well, these are only in SMT
> so you'd need a little PCB somewhere in there.

   The "plan" is to buy a consumer packaged USB hub and rip out the PCB from
it, with IC still soldered to it, and trim the PCB as much as possible, just
as in the Asus Eee PC mod I referred to.

   It would also be nice to have the GSM buzz fix worked out before applying
homebrew mods to the GTA, if for nothing else to prevent conflicts over the
space they occupy. Last I read, the buzz fix will take up some of the (so
far) unused space in the GTA.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen