Question about charging

Andy Green andy at
Wed Jan 28 15:20:54 CET 2009

| I plan on making a generator for my bicycle. It will power some LEDS,
| but if I can make enough current, I could charge the phone as well.
| According to documentation, the freerunner wants 100mA, 500mA or 1000mA,
| and no more than 5V. Limiting to 5V should be easy enough. I just wonder
| if the charging can handle unstable voltage, for example if it
| alternates between useable 5V and "too low" 10 times a second.
| Will the phone be able to draw some current at moments where there is
| enough voltage, or does it need a more stable supply of power?

The charging state machine probably can't cope with that in a reasonable

But, it should use whatever's present to feed VB_SYS dynamically,
favouring it instead of the battery.  If you have an A6 or A7 GTA02, it
might even not crash your CPU while it's doing that :-)

If you are pedalling steadily, the charger can get started too, so it
sounds worth a try.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -