Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 30 20:47:39 CEST 2009

Dieter Spaar wrote:
> Here in my lab environment I can simulate the serving cell
> that is used in the trace. However with my few GTA02 devices
> I don't observe bug #1024 and even in "Deep Sleep" mode the
> TOA values are stable.

By the way, Joerg has proposed another interesting approach:
if the oscillator's drive strength is insufficient, we should
be able to make things worse by reducing it, which you mentioned
could be done by the firmware.

Is there anything else that's driven by the 32768 Hz clock that
we can access, e.g., a RTC or some counter ? If yes, we could
use that to check if the clock has significant variations.

- Werner