Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 30 20:57:11 CEST 2009

Am Mo  30. März 2009 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
> Dieter Spaar wrote:
> > Here in my lab environment I can simulate the serving cell
> > that is used in the trace. However with my few GTA02 devices
> > I don't observe bug #1024 and even in "Deep Sleep" mode the
> > TOA values are stable.
>
> By the way, Joerg has proposed another interesting approach:
> if the oscillator's drive strength is insufficient, we should
> be able to make things worse by reducing it, which you mentioned
> could be done by the firmware.

Dieter, maybe we could have a debug-version of moko11 to implement a service
AT command to tweak those config registers. This way we could ask users who
actually can reproduce #1024 to check if there's any difference when issuing
this power tweaking back and forth.

> Is there anything else that's driven by the 32768 Hz clock that
> we can access, e.g., a RTC or some counter ? If yes, we could
> use that to check if the clock has significant variations.

Werner, a brilliant point.

cheers
jOERG