Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the latest news.

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun May 3 19:06:50 CEST 2009

Am So  3. Mai 2009 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> Instead of messing around with all of this and making things more
> complicated, I thing the current solution to detect re-camping and
> enable AT%SLEEP=2 is the better approach (maybe adjust the
> algorithm slightly).

Regarding all the arguments I deleted in above quote - I'm quite aware of
these and mostly agree.

Anyway, the current algorithm relies on detecting actual recamping, and this
inevitably creates a certain offline time during the first recamping events.
OTOH warming of battery as well as warming of TX-chip might not be a adequate
criterion for switching to sleep4, anyway both sensors reporting "cold" might
create an additional criterion for switching to sleep2 though and thus
possibly avoiding any recamping at all.