Extra component on GTA02

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Sep 6 16:30:12 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> My Gta02 seems to have an extra component on board [1] [2].

Wow. It looks as if it's partially under the shield, bending it
upward ?

> Any ideas how it got there ?

That's what you get for taking your Neo with you on those
teleportation experiments. Have you learned nothing from "The
Fly" ? ;-)

> I'm worried that resistor is missing somewhere else...

The round pad has a diameter of 1.6 mm, so the component appears
to be 1206. That's mighty big for a resistor. It could be an
inductor, but then it would seem a little flat for that. I can
only find two 1206 components in the BOM, and they're both
capacitors.

So I don't have a clue what it's doing there.

- Werner