Extra component on GTA02

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Sep 6 17:15:54 CEST 2009

[Álvaro Lopes So  6. September 2009]:
> Hi,
>
> My Gta02 seems to have an extra component on board [1] [2]. Any ideas how it
got there ?

> I'm worried that resistor is missing somewhere else...
>
> Álvaro
>
> [1] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component2.jpg
> [2] http://alvarolopes.com/resources/extra_component.jpg

AFAIK it's a factory rework on A5 to implement some fix. I didn't check what
it is exactly, but afaik it looks like some pulldown to GND (= can metal).
You can tell easily by finding out about the testpoint it's soldered to.

Anyway I've seen that on many devices and it's ok (no fault or misplaced
component).

cheers
jOERG