Battery Charging

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Apr 10 03:50:15 CEST 2007

I think I finally have our batteries charging.

Turns out it was an upstream problem with our powered hub.  None of us
understood that a powered hub (or at least the powered hub we were
using) had to have an upstream root hub to enable the power on the ports.

I've had the units plugged in for about 8 hours and they actually turned
on with a battery in them.  Thats the first time we have them booted
without the battery connections being hooked up to a lab supply.  Thats
going to make it so much easier to work on.

I see that wen the kernel booted it printed a method about enabling fast
charge so hopefully tomorrow I will have fully charged units.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child