Power management concept...

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Apr 19 11:05:51 CEST 2007

Harald Welte schrieb:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 04:58:49PM +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:
>> This is maybe slightly off-topic concerning hardware but anyway, what is
>> the power management concept planed for the NEO?
> Does
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Power_Management
> help you a bit?

A bit, yes, this describes what is possible, I guess.

What I was more curious about is how you actually intend to use it ;)

So, do you want to actually use slow_mode instead of any real sleep
modes with SDRAM in self refresh, correct?
That would mean that if the phone is sitting idle in my pocket the CPU
will be put in slow mode as least power consuming mode, correct?

Off-mode will then really be off, like in power off.

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535