Power management concept...

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Fri Apr 20 12:53:10 CEST 2007

Harald Welte schrieb:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:16:51PM +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:
>> Yes, saw that. Though that the GSM modem seems to be quite confused
>> afterwards, i.e. I have to power it down, power on again and restart
>> gsmd to get it to work again (most of the times at least).
> Note that none of the phones ever shipped has a GSM firmware installed
> that supports proper suspend/resume.  We have something like a six to
> eight week turn around time when reporting an issue to Ti until we get a
> fix :(

If the suspend mode (i.e. power-off mode in Samsung terms, i.e. self
refresh SDRAM and wake-up configured) is the mode that will be used as
state 90% of the run-time (most of the time the phone will be waiting
for events in a pocket) couldn't we simply leave the modem running in
run-state and leave the suspend/resume feature as a later enhancement?

Well, your choice of course...

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535