Why Glamo3362 and not better Glamo3365 ?

Mark Chandler mcl at bitwise.org
Sun Jul 15 16:08:31 CEST 2007

niknar1900 at niknar.com wrote:
> the 3365 doesn't support vga(640x480) it supports qvga(320x240), and if
> they were going with qvga why not goto the the 3370 then? it has h264
> decoding as well.VGA makes a world of difference, the quality will be
> really nice compared to most devices.

> mail2web LIVE – Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
> http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

I thought that too. But the PDF
(http://www.smediatech.com/Glamo3365_DM.pdf) on the 3365 says that it
supports VGA and not just in decoding MPEG4.
It's not really clear from the website what the story is - the 3365 &
3362 information seems to be mixed-up with the 3362 page
(http://www.smediatech.com/product3362.htm) having the 3365 graphic at
the top.
*shrugs*
I haven't seen anything about power consumption either, that might've
been a factor in the decision.
I don't think we can trust the marketing blurb to give us the whole picture.