info on the SMedia 3362

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 26 18:32:22 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 07:36:44AM -0700, Chuck Tuffli wrote:
> I'm interested in the next Neo phone, especially the graphics
> processor. Are there technical specs (programmer's guide, register
> def, etc) available for this part somewhere? What tasks in terms of
> integrating the 3362 into OpenMoko are the core developers planning to
> do and what tasks could some help?

OpenMoko will provide full Free Software drivers, one feature /
functional unit at a time.  At the moment, all there is is the core
kernel driver and the unaccelerated kernel framebuffer code that I've
put into our public subversion.

Next step will be support for the sd/mmc card interface and the 2d
acceleration for X (xrender).

We're also working together with Smedia on a reduced/simplified version
of their documentation that is to be available publicly.  However, this
documentation is not even scheduled to be finished before GTA02 sale
starts.

Cheers,