Datasheet for JBT6K74

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 26 18:45:36 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 01:24:15PM +1000, Nelson Tam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Nelson, new to this list :)
>
> I'm currently writing GTA01 device drivers for OKL4, starting from the LCD.
> Unfortunately I can't find the datasheet for the LCD controller IC -
> Toshiba JBT6K74.  On the Toshiba site I can only find other parts in the
> JBT series.

No, you cannot get any documentation for that controller from Toshiba.
In fact, not even we have any toshiba documentation.

> I should be able to reverse-engineer most of the driver from the Linux
> driver patch, but having the datasheet would be a lot better.  May I ask
> if anyone on this list have a copy and is able to send it to me?

The only docs we have are those from the LCM manufacturer. And those are
under NDA.   The driver source code that we published was reviewed and
approved by the LCM manufacturer.

Thus, our minimum requirement (either open docs or free software code)
is fulfilled.  Sure, the situation could be better. But we have many
fires to fight, and first want to get our minimum requirements
implemented throughout the device.

And as a side note, the data sheet is in no way simpler than the driver
code.  I agree that both code and data sheet would be great.  But just
the datasheet is really a painfull process.  I know it, I wrote our
driver based on it :)

Cheers,