Bluetooth to 2410 Wiring

Wally Ritchie wally.ritchie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 03:35:30 CEST 2007

On 7/26/07, Wally Ritchie <wally.ritchie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/07, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 11:52:49PM -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> > > you mean for usb_detach and usb_wake_up? if any two pios are
> > > connected, these two signals could be assigned to use them.
> > >
> > > we know the adapter is connected to the usb bus and that the pcm i/o
> > > goes to the codec, but i haven't heard anything about pios.
> >
> > PIO_2 of the DFBM-CS320 is connected to GPC7 of the s3c2410.
> > PIO_5 of the DFBM-CS320 is connected to GPC5 of the s3c2410.
> >
> > it's probably a bit cryptic but actually visible from
> > http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/doc/hardware/GTA01Bv4/gpio.txt
> >
> Thanks Harald. This should make wakeup from BT in scanning mode
> possible. I'll integrate this info in the power management wifi page.
I spoke too soon. Neither GPC5 nor 7 is an interrupt, much less a wakeup
interrupt. We can't use these to wake up the SoC.

As I read the 2410 specs we can't wake up the SoC from D+ D- either. Wakeup
is supported on the USB Device to wake a sleeping host (pretty useless since a
sleeping host can't charge us) but the 2410 USB Host doesn't seem to support
wakeup.

It looks like the only solution on GTA01 is to poll the GPIO pins from
SLOW mode.
We could keep the BT module detached unless it has something for us. Then we
come up to speed, attach the module, and enumerate. There will
probably be issues
in the HCI driver for BlueZ but these should not be insurmountable.

It would be extremely nice if the GTA02 hardware would route one of
these pins to
an external wakeup interrupt. This would potentially permit a 5mw
power dissipation
with wake up from Bluetooth (in flight mode). There are numerous use cases where
wakeup over BT is required.

I am asuming the Atheros will attach to the other USB Host Port. There may be
wakeup issues there as well. I am hoping that at least the BT wakeup
can be solved
in next hardware iteration. Any idea of power consumption on the WiFi?