Accelerometer in next hardware revision?

Rene Mayrhofer rene at mayrhofer.eu.org
Tue Jun 5 23:58:54 CEST 2007

On Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007 22:51, openmoko at mauve.plus.com wrote:
> Basically - all silicon micromachined accelerometers are pretty similar at
> this time.
> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/flan.htm
> http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0%2C2877%2CADXL330%2C00.html is a not
> unlikely candidate for the neo.
We've got very good practical experience with the ADXL330 - it basically can't
go seriously wrong with that one ;) One advantage from our point of view is
the relatively low power consumption, which should make it feasible to sample
it continuously for user interaction purposes (gestures, orientation,
authentication, etc.).

What sampling rates are you aiming at? I'm currently working with the Nokia
5500 purely because it has an embedded 3D accelerometer as well. Quite
unfortunately, the sample rate is limited to somewhere in the range of 30Hz,
which is rather low for what I'd like to use it for.

with best regards,
Rene