Accelerometer in next hardware revision?

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 6 09:00:53 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 10:58:54PM +0100, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

> What sampling rates are you aiming at? I'm currently working with the Nokia
> 5500 purely because it has an embedded 3D accelerometer as well. Quite
> unfortunately, the sample rate is limited to somewhere in the range of 30Hz,
> which is rather low for what I'd like to use it for.

Right now we're looking at the LIS302DL from ST.  It's < 1mW power and
has selectable +/- 2 or 8g full-scale, and you can runtime-configure the
sample rate to either 100Hz or 400Hz.

WARNING:
Please be aware that this is an intermediate evaluation.  We do not
promise that this component will be used in the final product :)

Cheers,