GSM modem - just ERROR

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Mar 16 14:08:42 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 05:17:16PM +0100, Nils Faerber wrote:
> To this extend: How is the ringer supposed to work?
> I guess that the CPU will play some sound via /dev/dsp.

yes.  at yet-to-be-implemented daemon will register with gsmd and get
notifications of incoming calls, and take care of playing back your
favourite mp3/ogg/sid/mod file.

> Which mixer setting and volume control will control an audible
> speaker?

depends on which speaker you want to use.  I don't have any more
information than you do:  the wolfson documentation and the 94 alse
controls in the mixer...

> For the others control of the vibrating alarm would be nice.. hmmm...
> how does that work? Oh oh, so many details ;)

there's an untested driver that exports the vibrator as LED device.

In any case, all this will be abstracted by libmokocore at some point.