Debug board FTDI, openocd...

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Mar 27 15:13:41 CEST 2007

Hi!
Seems I am a little handicapped here... but I cannot get the debug board
to behave.
Since I have killed my uboot (I think the fault was that I flashed the
gta01v3 instead of gta01bv3 - darn!) I am now trying to get openocd to
run with the debug board so that I can reflash uboot.

When I connect the debug board it identifies as 0x0406 0x6010 which is
teh VID/PID of FTDI and subsequently ftdi_usb is loaded.

The debug board wiki states that I should reprogram the EEPROM for the
OpenMoko VID/PID 1457:5118.

So I took the .ftdi file and .eeprom file from the debug board page and
ftdi-eeprom programmed that.
But no change!
The board still has the original FTDI VID/PID.
The I read back the EEPROM and see, the values (files) are identical, so
the programming seemed to work.

Is the EEPROM file correct?
Should I be able to use the debug board even if VID/PID are still FTDI?
I changed VID/PID in the openocd config but it fails to init the JTAG
chain or it sais that the capture scan test failed. Both very
unreliably. And sometimes openocd does not complain but then openocd
fails to halt the device.

Hmm... :(

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535