Debug board FTDI, openocd...

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 28 11:37:05 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 03:13:41PM +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:
> Hi!
> Seems I am a little handicapped here... but I cannot get the debug board
> to behave.
> Since I have killed my uboot (I think the fault was that I flashed the
> gta01v3 instead of gta01bv3 - darn!) I am now trying to get openocd to
> run with the debug board so that I can reflash uboot.
>
> When I connect the debug board it identifies as 0x0406 0x6010 which is
> teh VID/PID of FTDI and subsequently ftdi_usb is loaded.

*sigh*.  Seems like I'll have to talk soem _serious_ language with the
hardware guys in Taiwan.

They basically sent you an unprogrammed board.

> Is the EEPROM file correct?

The linux based eeprom flashing process is somehow flawed.
The windows based method as recommended by FTDI using their MProg works,
though :(

We once had somebody volunteering to look at this problem, they even
hada USB protocol analyzer.  Unfortuantely no result so far.