Debug board - giving up

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 28 11:39:06 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 06:41:46PM +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:

> > And , what's your debug board number? And what tool you used for refresh
> > EEPROM?
>
> I used the tool referenced on the debug board wiki page
> 	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_Board#JTAG_using_FT2232

see my other mail, for some reason this process doesn't work anymore.

> Can I check somehow if at least the JTAG signals are "ticking"
> correctly? I have a normal analog scope at hand...
> And what do the four LEDs signal? Should LED5 or LED7 show activity
> while trying to flash?

two are permanently on.   The LED's are software programmed and not
really used yet.

> At the moment I am unsure about everything, I am even unsure if the
> cable connection from board to NEO does work.

openocd will refuse to start (or rather: exit soon after starting) with
a message stating: "check power" if the JTAG is somehow not connected
correctly.