SOS - uboot drowned ;)

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Mar 28 11:48:50 CEST 2007

Harald Welte schrieb:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 12:19:46PM +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:
>> Hi!
>> After there were some message about changing uboot's behaviour and
>> different initialisations on the mailinglists I thought I should give a
>> new uboot version a try on the phase-0 device. So I flashed
>> 	u-boot-gta01v3-r3_0_0_1511.bin
> GTA01v3 != GTA01Bv3 !!!

:(
Really my fault, sorry. I did not see the file in the list and thus did
not recognise the missing "b".
What a difference a letter can make...

> GTA01v3 has completely different PMU voltage configuration, memory size,
> etc.  There's about six months in hardware development time between
> them.

Uh!
Hopefully I cannot toast the NEO then!?

> I guess the only way to resurrect your device is to use OpenOCD to halt
> the device immediately after the cpu powers on, then use OpenOCD to
> ram-load a GTA01Bv3 lowlevel_foo/u-boot image, execute that and then
> flash a GTA01Bv3 u-boot from there.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Bootloader#Using_JTAG_to_boot_from_RAM
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NAND_bad_blocks#JTAG_.2F_OpenOCD_.2F_u-boot_RAM_based

I will try with Mickeys tips again.
Anyway, many thanks so far!
The tools themselves are very cool and impressive! I have seen much
worse already. Though stability seems to be an issue. The other JTAG
tools we used so far were more reliable. I am pretty sure that it is not
a software fault - maybe some resistors/capacities could be added to
make the signals more stable?
Well, maybe for the over-next debug board revision ;)

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535