high speed parallel access to the CPU

Iztok Jeras iztok.jeras at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:36:38 CEST 2007

The LCD interface is probably of no use, because I would like to load
some data (preview from an imaging chip) into the Neo1973 and not the
other way, and I need the LCD for displaying the data.

As far as I know (I do not have the hardware to check), there should
be one of the two SPI interfaces accessible on the debug port, along
with a wakeup capable interrupt pin, which is good. The SPI probably
runs at up to 50MHz (maybe 100MHz with some series resistor on the
transmitting pins and some timing modifications to the protocol).

100Mbit/s is still a bit slow, so I am asking how many bits per pixel
does the display need (24 or 18 or 12 bits?), I will check the frame
buffer driver and processor for implementation detail.

Is there a standard format for imaging drivers for Linux?

IzI