SDIO capability for Neo1973 and new version

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sat Oct 13 17:44:19 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 04:24:07PM +0200, Delahaye, Philippe wrote:

> Please, could someone let me know if Neo1973 hardware has been
> anticipated and designed to support SDIO connection through micro SD
> connector?

GTA01 can support SDIO on the microSD connector (although the current
kernel image does not yet contain the linux SDIO stack.  Work on this is
happening in the mainline kernel, and we will leverage this as soon as
it appears in mainline 2.6.x)

GTA02 cannot support SDIO on the microSD connector.  This is due to the
fact that the samsung s3c24xx itnernal SDIO compliant SD controller was
used to attach the internal WiFi module.  The controller we use for the
microSD slot/card is MMC/SD only, and does not support SDIO.

Cheers,