GSM 850 Limits

Christopher Earl earlc8451 at clarkstate.edu
Thu Oct 25 01:45:57 CEST 2007

I dont know how much this helps, hope at least a little. After realizing this super sweet phone lacks in a crucial way, I set a goal to help fix it, as i live in a black out area. So i called my service provider and talked to a tech, he loved the neo as well. he watched a log while i booted my phone. He said it does communicate , goes something like this.

NEO > "Hello"
AT&T > "READY"
NEO >
AT&T > "Hello"
NEO >

He said the neo does not give a register response, but the network is waiting for it. He even told me the two SIM serials I used. If there is anything I can ask them that will help, I would be happy to call back. It is possible that the problem is with software, maybe the kernel module or gsmd. Any Ideas?