Manual for the SC32442

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sun Sep 9 12:15:38 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 05:12:16PM -0700, Justin Treon wrote:
> Is the neo1973 still going to release on the Samsung SC32442?

Yes, it will be a variant of the S3C2442B.

> Can anyone point me to the Samsung SC32442 developers manual?  I
> cannot find it on the Samsung website.

apart from two differences, it is software/register-wise exactly
identical to the s3c2440.  Hardware-wise it is packaged with 64MByte
(x32) SDRAM and depending on the type, 128/256MByte NAND flash (2k page
size).

The differences are:

1) all pull-up resistors (GPBUP, ...) are now pull-down
2) the default initializers for the PLL have changed

Since Samsung has reorganized their homepage, many manuals are missing.
I have already detected this, and given them a bit of time, since it
seems like they wanted to re-add more manuals anyway.

We will contact Samsung Korea about this and try to get it fixed, and/or
as intermediate solution get permission to distribute the manual
ourselves.