usability of third-party USB chargers

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Fri Mar 21 19:23:00 CET 2008

"Shawn Rutledge" <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Felipe Balbi <me at felipebalbi.com> wrote:
> >  nope, a micro-B to standard-A cable is enough for this purpose.
> >  OTG Devices shall have only 1 otg port, i.e. only one micro-ab
> >  receptacle.
>
> I was referring to being able to use Motorola chargers and such.

I had the impression that such chargers were not necessarily
compatible with each others' devices--that they would indicate
`quick-charge mode' by supplying a different voltage than a standard
USB port, and the USB-plug-form-factor charger world had yet to settle
on a standard for that `different voltage'. So, devices that are
mechanically compatible with a given charger of a different brand are
most likely not electrically compatible and often ignore it.

No?

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).