openmoko-panel-profiles

Walter Goossens waltergoossens at home.nl
Sat Aug 4 16:58:15 CEST 2007

Hi there,

Is anyone working on the openmoko-panel-profiles widget?
If not I'd like to make it together with a very simple daemon to do the
actual switching of alsa-profiles. This daemon can be used by other
programs too as a kind of "master-profile-switch-thingy".
Maybe I could add some functionality to listen to GPIO14 to
automatically switch headphone profile when attached but the initial
program would simply switch profiles when being "asked" through the
panel widget.

I have a quite few years of experience in programming under Linux
although the last year this was mainly kernel and low level embedded
stuff. I figured this would be a nice way to get to know the project better.

I hope I can help you guys out with this project!!

Greetings
Walter Goossens (tHe_IkkE)