turn ringer off for a specified time

Clarke Wixon cwixon at usa.net
Mon Aug 13 23:35:46 CEST 2007

>> related to the 'automatic off in theaters' it might be nice to be able
>> to press a button and it will turn the ringer off for a preset time.
>> Useful for students going to classes and such - they can press the
>> button at the start of the class or people at meetings, or on a date,
>> etc.
>
> I'm sure patches for this feature would be most welcome if they are
> implemented in a sane and user-friendly way! Please make sure any
> patches are made against the 2007.2 version of the software stack.

The nicest implementation of this I have seen is on my Tapwave Zodiac.
When you mute the device, you get a drop-down list of proposed unmute
times 30 minutes apart covering the next two hours.  And of course,
while it is muted, the vibration alarm is still active.

For example, if I hit mute at (arbitrary example) 9:10 a.m., the
drop-down list prompt says "Mute Until" and the options are 9:30 a.m.,
10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, or "Indefinitely."

I'd love to see something like this with the option buttons big enough
to hit with my finger, which was NOT the case on the Zodiac.