turn ringer off for a specified time

Clarke Wixon cwixon at usa.net
Thu Aug 16 23:42:00 CEST 2007

Thomas Wood wrote:

> Sounds interesting, although I would hate to use the feature in a
> meeting that over ran. Do you use the feature yourself?

I don't use that device any more, but while I did (for about two years)
I used the feature all the time.  Your question reminds me, though, that
there was always a "5:00 p.m." unmute time among the options, to allow
muting the device until the end of the workday even if you hit mute
first  thing in the morning.  I don't remember whether that 5:00 time
was adjustable, but I suspect not.  Tapwave went out of business before
any significant software updates were issued.

Of course, there are a couple of other ways to deal with the
overlong-meeting problem: allow some extra time for it in the first
place (which can be inconvenient if the meeting *doesn't* run long), or
re-up the mute time when you notice the meeting running long (which is
easy enough to do).