Openmoko Sound Management

Graeme Gregory gg at wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Aug 30 16:25:20 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 18:59 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Graeme,
>
> Is there more of a plan for audio management in place?

I dont have one, but Im not a lead software architect :-)

> With the release of 3.16 bluez-utils/libs there is a way to try
> bluetooth audio. I tried the state file you attached to bugzilla for
> sending system audio to a bluetooth voice headset but I couldn't get
> any audio that way unfortunately.
>
> The dbus examples in the wiki could be replaced by a simpler form but
> they illustrate part of the api that will be used by a full audio
> management app. (They also technically will work with 3.15)
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Headset_Audio

Ok, Ill take a look at these when I have some spare time and see if
I can work out what is wrong with the setup. Its probably just something
simple.

At least we can get the knowledge of what setup is needed so when
whoever implements the audio manager knows what to implement.

Graeme

Privacy & Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information that is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient you must not: read; copy; distribute; discuss; take any action in or make any reliance upon the contents of this message; nor open or read any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please notify us as soon as possible on the following telephone number and destroy this message including any attachments. Thank you.
Wolfson Microelectronics plc
Tel: +44 (0)131 272 7000
Fax: +44 (0)131 272 7001
Web: www.wolfsonmicro.com

Registered in Scotland

Company number SC089839

Registered office:

Westfield House, 26 Westfield Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2QB, UK