Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be possible without stylus

Mohammed Musallam musallam001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 15:53:13 CEST 2007

I'm Sorry Thomas, I'd have to disagree with you. Adding a drop down menu to perform a call would be cumbersome at best.

I believe the dialer app should be a finger-app as well as the contacts app. A two page approach (ala iPhone) would be a better implementation of the contacts app which will give us more screen real estate for our large fingers.

as much as I hate to say, Apple do better homework than others when it comes to display layout.

OpenMoko's implementations could be similar but differs in one respect:
a double tap would initiate a call to default number (or the only number present), which to my knowledge isn't present on the iPhone.
The single tap would remain to switch the view to second page (which displays all of contact's details).

what do you guys think?

http://mail.yahoo.com