Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be

pauric pauric at pauric.net
Mon Jul 16 15:04:31 CEST 2007

Thomas: "Would it be possible to define the action, lets say:
Select/Call/$DOIT and
then seperatly the "guesture" like: Tap, DoubleTab, Tap & Hold etc, take
the simplest binding as default, but you can configure it in the settings?"

Great suggestion, I'll start working on mapping the gestures to the actions
and we can make a decision on what feels best for everyone.

To your second point, changing the settings.  I'm concerned about giving the
user too many options.  First, is it necessary?  If we arrive at a well
thought out solution, why give the user the option to change it to something
else?  Second, I am concerned that allowing configuration of the fundamental
interactions will break how some apps work?  maybe/maybe not, but I dont
really see too many advantages, versus just fixing the interaction at a
standard - makes the rules simple for both the user and
developers/designers.

What do you think?