Application UI Design Recommendations

pauric pauric at pauric.net
Mon Jul 16 20:51:22 CEST 2007

Jeremiah: "The phonebook could be quickly scrolled with a press &
drag, a second screen could be opened with a simple click to edit the
contact or call/email/etc, and a press-hold could open a message dialog
with the contacts name & the option to call or cancel."

I think you summed up the best solution for the address book in my
view.  I would reduce one click here though..

Jeremiah suggested "and a press-hold could open a message dialog with
the contacts name & the option to call or cancel."
I would initiate a call on 'press-hold' (a mousedown for 1 second?)
which then presents a dialog with the contacts name and the option to
cancel.
We should also think about the use-case of automated voice menu
systems and present an icon for  the dialer app so that the user can
navigate if needed.

How does that sound?