Application UI Design Recommendations

pauric pauric at pauric.net
Thu Jul 19 15:24:37 CEST 2007

I had a think about this last night.  There is a use case for double
tapping: to select a word in a text editor.

So, some time in the next few days I'll edit the wiki with a line that
advises against the common implementation of a double tap gesture, but in
circumstances where there is a clear parallel with a desktop app (e.g. text
editing, url entry, copy/paste selection etc) that the designer should
carefully consider implementing that gesture.

Excellent discussion - thanks all.