OpenMoko application as Final Year Project

Evgeny Ginzburg Nad.Oby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:45:43 CEST 2007

Florian Bottke wrote:

>> Hi everybody!
> Hi Sebastian,
>> I'm a student from Germany doing my last year in England,
>> Staffordshire University. To finish my studies I have to do a project,
>> that has not done before, and of course I have to do it on my own. So
>> when I stumbled across OpenMoko I thought it would be a great idea to
>> write a application for it.
>> It's a little bit different for me to work out an good idea so I'm
>> asking you if anyone has got an idea what kind of application would be
>> a must-have or a pretty nice one for a OpenMoko phone, but is not jet
>> implemented.
>> thx and have a nice day,
>> Sebastian
> I think a great and must have application is a eBook reader program
> which, can read different formats for example: PDF, Text, Open Document
> Text (odt), HTML, Palm Databases/PalmDOC (pdb), RTF and Microsoft Word.
> A plugin interface to add new formats would be nice.
It might be easy to port pybookreader
http://pybookreader.narod.ru/download.html (russian)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pybookreader/
to OM platform, python is already here, the program GTK+ based, supports
many formats (not PDF), it little bit outdated (last version a year
ago). but app is already here.

Best regards
Evgeny