OpenMoko application QT?!?!?!

Eric Preston openmoko at notserp.com
Wed Oct 10 09:00:23 CEST 2007

And the pedantic thread went thus...

On 6-Oct-07, at 8:41 AM, Chris Lord wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 13:31 +0100, Giles Jones wrote:
>> On 6 Oct 2007, at 13:27, Chris Lord wrote:
>>> The fact is, that on a machine constrained by memory resources, CPU
>>> resources and storage resources, that diverging from the specified
>>> foundation libraries is not a good idea. If the platform was
>>> based on
>>> Qt/Qtopia, I'd give the exact same advice to stick away from GTK.
>>
>> What you are told to do in your project is write down all the options
>> and argue the reasons for or against them. So it's no use to be
>> biased and rule all the options out without justification.
>
> OK, I give up. Using Qt on a GTK-based, embedded platform isn't a bad
> idea at all and I definitely didn't provide justification for my
> statements in any of my previous mails.

Hey Chris,

I feel your pain reading this thread. Don't be too discouraged.
There are those of us out there that understand and agree whole
heartedly and applaud your *more than a passing attempt* at
explaining why OpenMoko is a GTK-based platform/framework to the
endless hordes who want to talk all day and all night about Qt.

-E