Usability Team & User Centered Design Proces

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu Oct 18 10:57:24 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 21:56 -0700, Justin Wong wrote:
[...]
> The important thing is where to put our ideas.  I think the wiki is
> the obvious choice.  Does anyone know if there's any caveats to know
> before using the wiki?

I think wiki's are a great place to collect information. However,
personally I don't find them that useful for discussions. I think it
would work best if we discussed the issues on the mailing list and used
the wiki to store the results of our discussions.

Another issue is where we deal with individual design decisions. We've
recently had two different bug reports about the position of the "Hang
Up" button in the dialer application (bugs 730 and 942). I would
probably suggest highlighting a particular bug on the mailing list and
then allowing people to discuss on the bug report itself.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/