Usability Team & User Centered Design Proces

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Thu Oct 18 19:21:19 CEST 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:12:15 -0700, Jon <openmoko at snowulf.com> wrote:
> #2 - I'd have to lean towards "Text Message".  While I personally use
SMS,
> know that most people give me this funny look like I'm speaking Russian
> when
> I say it.  In the U.S. it seems that "Text Message" is the way to go.
> That
> is what it says in my RAZR, thats what they advertise on TV, and thats
> what
> the cell plans include ("200 Text Messages", etc)

certainly everyone will understand "Text Message" - but most people I know
refer to it as "texting"/"texts" - yes, that is probably a haigism, but
here we are.

I think there is likely a demographic component to this as well -- of
course, I think you can argue that there is a demographic component to
texting use at all, at least in the US.

good defaults are great, configurable for expert users is a nice bonus
though.

rgds,
j.