Usability Team & User Centered Design Proces

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:11:44 CEST 2007

On 19/10/2007, Thomas Wood <thomas at openedhand.com> wrote:
> OK, so we have a couple of user requirements:
>
>  * New Message
>  * Inbox, Drafts, Outbox and Sent folders
>  * Quick Messages (Templates)
>  * Preferences (delivery reports, save sent, others?)

personally, i would do away with the inbox/drafts/outbox/sent
paradigm, it dates from when we all had piles of paper sat on our
desks, and disrupts the flow of a conversation. numerous times i've
had people reply to a question, have forgotten what the question was
and had to go dig in the sent folder to understand the context of
their reply

gmail got it right when they introduced threaded e-mail as the default
way of displaying messages, and iirc, the jesusphone does similar with
texts.

by all means allow the user to display sent and received messages
separately if they want, but the default imo should be to put them all
together