Text Messaging Application Design

Ross Burton ross at openedhand.com
Fri Oct 19 09:31:26 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 00:17 -0700, Jon wrote:
> Another problem to keep in mind is that Gmail tracks threads by
> subject and SMTP headers, to my knowledge we don't have the same
> options in an SMS message.  Are we going to assume that all messages
> to/from the same user are a "single" thread?  I happen to think that
> isn't such a bad idea.  Also, how many/old messages are we going to
> display, and how long are they going to be kept

I believe that Blackberry and possibly Palm devices also thread SMS
messages, so its perfectly possible on handhelds.

Ross
--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/