qemu-neo1973

Andrzej Zaborowski andrew at openedhand.com
Wed Apr 4 13:04:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:56:46 +0200, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I've had a brief look through your qemu neo1973 emulation code, and I've
> also seen it briefly in action.
>
> It's very impressive, both from the soucre code and from the 'user
> results' side.

Thanks for the testing and I'm glad that it worked! Please report any
possible problems.

> Can you please add something like TODO file to svn, or (preferrd option)
> a wiki page on wiki.openmoko.org on your current plans with regard to
> further hardware emulation?
>
> I'd especially love to see a "feature matrix".  Something like a
> table listing the hardware components and their current status,
> limitations, etc.

I added a brief rundown of all emulated parts to this page:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU
If more information is needed, please tell me and I will try to fill in
missing info. I understand that it's hard to know where the emulator
operation differs from real hardware without digging deep into the code and
datasheets.

If there are suggestions about the preferred direction of improvement,
also please tell me. It would probably be good to be able to connect to
internet from inside the emulator now...

Regards,
Andrew